explain what recent research has found/ said about topic, and b) in the context of this, describe at least a few specific studies that have addressed the topic.
socioeconomic status and educational development/success
Write a 10 page research paper that summarizes the current research literature in said area of educational psychology (socioeconomic status and educational development/success).
Goal is to both a) explain what recent research has found/ said about topic, and b) in the context of this, describe at least a few specific studies that have addressed the topic.
Include bibliography/references section at the end of paper. In addition, need to make clear which study(s) are being discussed throughout paper using APA formatting.
Writer qualifications: American/ English with background in education or educational psychology.
References for paper.
1. Rowan-Kenyon, H. T. (2007). Predictors of Delayed College Enrollment and the Impact of Socioeconomic Status. Journal Of Higher Education, 78(2), 188-214.
2. Dugdale, A. E., & Siew Tin, C. (1977). Factors influencing school achievement of children from low socioeconomic groups in Malaysia.International Journal Of Psychology, 12(1), 39.
3. Shuqiang, Z. (2009). The Impact of Economic Disadvantage on Academic Achievement in Hawaii: A Multi-level Analysis. International Journal Of Learning, 16(7), 367.
4. Henry, K., Cavanagh, T., & Oetting, E. (2011). Perceived Parental Investment in School as a Mediator of the Relationship Between Socio-Economic Indicators and Educational Outcomes in Rural America. Journal Of Youth & Adolescence, 40(9), 1164-1177. doi:10.1007/s10964-010-9616-4
5. Crosnoe, R., & Cooper, C. E. (2010). Economically Disadvantaged Children’s Transitions into Elementary School: Linking Family Processes, School Contexts, and Educational Policy. American Educational Research Journal, 47(2), 258-291.