The five-factor model of personality is based on the following five broad domains or dimensions of human personality:
The five-factor model is a widely used approach to analyzing personality traits, and is useful in the understanding of personality disorders as variants of normal personality. In this assignment, you will write a paper that demonstrates your understanding of the five-factor model. You will describe the five factors in depth, compare them, give examples of each, and evaluate how the model contributes to our understanding of personality development.
1. In 4–5 pages, analyze the five-factor model of personality. In this section of your paper:
· Describe and compare the factors. Provide the etiology of and scholarly basis for each factor, and compare the factors with each other. Integrate at least five scholarly sources as appropriate into the description and comparison.
· Provide a real-life example of how each factor can manifest behaviorally.
2. In 1–2 pages, evaluate how the five-factor model of personality contributes to our understanding of personality development.
Include citations as appropriate, using current APA formatting. Refer to the Characteristics of the Five-Factor Model Rubric to use as a guide for your paper and to learn how it will be graded.
Submit your final paper to the assignment area for grading.
· Length: Ensure the paper is 5–7 pages in length (excluding title page and references page).
· Organization: Include a title page, references page, introductory paragraph, body content, and concluding paragraph.
· Citations: Include a minimum of five scholarly resources.
· Format: Follow current APA guidelines for style and formatting.
· Submit your paper to the assignment area for grading.